Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oh, God

Oh, God.

Sometimes that's the only thing I can utter when God especially blesses me while I am afraid and don't have it all together.

Sometimes God makes me cry. And I think that is OK.


When a blushing 9th grader comes to me with every "A" she earns in school - Oh, God.

When, through tears, a mother thanks me for telling her positive things about her child - Oh, God.

When I talk honestly with a student about a path she is on and we both start to cry - Oh, God.

When I read free-write journals of teenagers who are wise beyond their years - Oh, God.

When my vision is cleared and I see my students as needy people instead of numbers - Oh, God.

When the prayer I have been repeating is already interwoven into my heart that I just stop short because he knows - Oh, God.

When I feel lackluster and hopeless yet God answers my prayer - Oh, God.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am an incredibly messed up person who is adored by the mighty Lord...and I don't think I'll ever fully understand why.

And sometimes, the only thing I can muster up is an Oh, God and tear-filled eyes as I stare down the radical goodness he gives...

and I cry, because he loves me and because it is the only thing my body knows to do when faced with the astounding blessing of being his treasure.

No comments: