Monday, October 27, 2014

Thankful

Sometimes it is so nice to hear only the click of the keyboard and the moist shrug of the Keurig machine as I sit down after work. My feet hurt and my face is sweaty feeling as I kept forgetting to adjust the heater in my classroom. My students now call me "Mrs. Culby" and I am a bit ridiculous in my love-dovey "newly married" frame of mind right now -- I get that. My life feels precious and sweet and freeing and soft...like freshly washed sheets that are the just right amount of cold when you get in. I won't pretend that I haven't had my own share of struggles -- I certainly have. But, there are days when things align and your spirit, and emotions, and body feel so well-connected that it just makes me want to run, or organize, or...write. Maybe even all 3.

So, here's a thankful list. My first one since getting married...maybe it will look different.

My husband (woop, there it is)
My little home (the cutest little place in the fall!)
Grace and forgiveness 
Understanding
LOVE
My hope chest turned coffee table 
My in-laws
My nieces!
Attending a church where I hear God's love for me EVERY SINGLE WEEK (so important for me)
Seeing my husband walk in from work with a smile on his face
My wooden cutting board
My glass pitcher
Holding my strong husband's hand
My new school and students
HOPE
FREEDOM
JOY
Mountains
Spatulas
Trips with the hubs
Having a husband who plans fun, creative dates
Seeing my friends get married and have babies
My sister, my "Little One"
My brother and sis-in law
Parents who are supportive, helpful, and always ready to listen
Friends who are faithful, helpful, and loving in the most beautiful way
Memories of a sweet wedding, and smiling at the future I know God has planned.
The HOPE and UTTER JOY that comes from knowing that God's best for my husband and me is YET TO COME. 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your thankful list and it reminded me that I should make one of my own. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Love you, Mrs. Culbertson. ��